The nursing program is designed to prepare graduates for entry level nursing positions.
Advising Note: Completion of Pre-Nursing Certificate coursework and Admission to the Coconino Community College Nursing Program required prior to enrollment. See Nursing application for admission requirements and schedule.
What courses will I need to take?
NOTE: All program admission requirements must be completed prior to applying to the Nursing program. All requirements, except LNA licensure, can be applied towards the AAS Nursing degree program requirements.
What will I learn?
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate safe performance of nursing skills of a registered nurse;
- exhibit legal and ethical behaviors of a registered nurse;
- manage client care by using the nursing process;
- effectively communicate nursing knowledge with patients and other healthcare professionals;
- incorporate evidence based practice;
- and be prepared to take nursing licensure testing;