TRIO - Student Support Services
The TRIO SSS program increases our student retention and graduation rates, facilitates student transfer from two-year to four-year colleges, and fosters an institutional climate supportive of the success of low-income and first-generation college students and individuals with disabilities. The TRIO SSS program is free.
Ready to Join?
We are currently accepting applications for the 2022-2023 year. Please complete your TRIO SSS application. After your application is submitted, you will be contacted by SSS Staff to schedule an interview.
Have an interest in TRIO SSS?
Want more info on joining the program or have general questions? Fill out the TRIO SSS Interest Form and TRIO SSS advisor will reach out.
At this time we are no longer taking tutoring requests for the Spring 2022 semester.
Fill out the TRIO Loan Request form for Laptops, Calculators, Books and more.
|of TRIO SSS students are in good academic standing||students cited tutoring support as the number one reason to join TRIO SSS||TRIO SSS students cited their grade improved because of tutoring||will persist to the next academic year||of TRIO SSS Students will earn a degree or certificate in 4 years|
Students served must be:
- Economically disadvantaged and/or
- First-generation (neither parent has received a four-year college degree) and/or
- Have a documented disability
- A U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
Program selection is based on the completed application and space availability in the program.
Services may include:
- Assigned academic advisors
- Individualized academic tutoring
- Career exploration and major and course selection
- Assistance with Financial Aid and Scholarship applications
- Study skills assistance: note-taking, textbook reading, time management, financial management education, and test prep workshops
- Assistance with transfer to four-year university or college
Through a grant competition, funds are awarded to institutions of higher education to provide opportunities for academic development, assist students with basic college requirements, and motivate students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education. Student Support Services is sponsored by Coconino Community College and is 100% Federally Funded through the U.S. Department of Education, totaling $266,888.