Registration - Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply to the College?

Students may apply online through the College website onb the Apply Now page

How do I find my Comet ID?

Your Comet ID is within the content of your Letter of Admission. This letter is delivered to the email address you provided when applying to the College. You can expect the letter to arrive within 24 hours. 

Why didn't my student ID number appear on the confirmation page after I completed the application?

This means there may be a match with another similar name or student record in our system. Please allow 24-48 business hours for us to process your application. To verify the status of your application, you may call 928-226-4299 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

How is my residency classification determined and how does it affect my tuition rate?


  1. A student must reside 12 consecutive months in the state of Arizona
  2.  Dependent up to 24 years’ old
    1. Parent has 1-year residence in Arizona; Student may move to Arizona from another state to live with father or mother (typically seen in divorces) and is eligible for in-state residency.
    2. Parent does not have 1-year residence in Arizona; Arizona will not penalize student for having to move with parent to Arizona. Student is entitled to in-state residency; parent is not until they establish 12 consecutive months in AZ.
  3. Company transferred student to Arizona for business
  4. Employee of School District
  5. Spouse of Arizona Resident
  6. Military Placement in Arizona
  7. Honorable Discharge/Active Duty Death
  8. Member & Residency on Arizona Reservation

View the Arizona Revised Statutes for exception to this law on the Arizona State Legislature site, or visit Enrollment Services. 


Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE):

The Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) and its 16 members work collaboratively to expand education access and excellence for all citizens of the West. Members include Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, U.S. Pacific Territories and Freely Associated States, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. Tuition is 150% of standard rate of tuition.



A person who is not a citizen, a legal resident of the U.S., or who is without lawful immigration status is not entitled to classification as an in-state student.

This applies to all students attending Coconino Community College.

Students who fail to provide proof of eligibility will be charged out-of-state tuition and cannot receive tuition waivers, grants, scholarship assistance, financial aid, tuition assistance or any other type of financial assistance that is subsidized or paid in whole or in part with state (Arizona) monies.

Acceptable Documents

Acceptable Documents

Submission of one of the following documents may be accepted as evidence of meeting this requirement:

  • Arizona Driver’s License or non-operator ID issued by the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) after October 1, 1996
  • Driver’s License issued in a state, territory or possession of the U.S., plus one additional government issued document
  • Birth certificate showing student was born in the United States, which includes Puerto Rico (on or after January 13, 1941), Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands (on or after January 17, 1917), American Samoa, Swain's Island, or the Northern Mariana Islands, unless you were born to foreign diplomats residing in the U.S.
  • U.S. passport, current or expired, except limited passports (which are typically issued for short periods such as a year and which do not receive as much scrutiny as a regular passport when applying). In the case of nationals who are not citizens, the passport will be stamped "Non-citizen National."
  • Bureau of Indian Affairs Card Number, Tribal Treaty Card Number, or Tribal Enrollment Number
  • Tribal Certificate of Indian Blood or Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Affidavit of Birth
  • Form FS-240 (Consular Report of Birth Abroad), FS-545 (Certificate of Birth issued by a Foreign Service post), or DS-1350 (Certification of Report of Birth). These are State Department documents.
  • Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or N-561), issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security to individuals who derive U.S. citizenship through a parent
  • Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570), issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security through a federal or state court, or through administrative naturalization after December 1990 to those who are individually naturalized
  • Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551 since 1997) or Resident Alien Card (Form I-551 before 1997) issued to students who are permanent residents
  • Form I-94 or I-94A annotated with a stamp showing admission under Section 207 of the Immigration Nationality Act (INA). They may also have the old Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571) or the new U.S. Travel Document mentioned above annotated with "Refugee Travel Document Form I-571 (Rev. 9-2-03) issued to refugee.
  • Form I-94 or I-94A with a stamp showing admission under Section 208 of the INA issued to persons granted asylum in the U.S.  They may also have the same travel documents described under refugees above
  • Current part or full-time employment by the university with a completed and verified I-9
  • Students who successfully complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the university receives a valid acknowledgement from the U.S. Department of Education. (A U.S. citizen student needs only to file the FAFSA and receive acknowledgement that NAU has received it for this to serve as proof of eligibility of citizenship.)  

Where do I find the Class Schedule?

The online Class Schedule can be found at > Quick Links > Class Schedule and follow the directions.

How do I register for a class?

Go to the College website at > Quick Links > myCCC Portal > Registration > select semester and follow directions.

Can I register for classes at the 4th Street Campus or at the Page Campus?

Absolutely. Visit the front reception desk at each location and the Enrollment Services staff and assist you. Hours may vary by location.

How do I sign up for the GED/ESL classes?

The Adult Basic Education department is located at our 4th Street Campus. Go to the Adult Education page for more information.

What are the requirements for signing up for the Nursing Program?

The Nursing Department is located on our Fourth Street Campus. The Associates of Applied Science in Nursing degree course requirements can be found at Additional questions can be asked by calling the Nursing Department at 928 226-7640.

I'm trying to register online since I was dropped, why can't I register online?

You were probably dropped for non-payment and exceeded your limit for being dropped, this will create a hold on your account. Please contact Student Accounts at 928-226-4376 to speak to a representative.

If you were dropped by an instructor for not attending in the first week of class, your student account will be assessed a $40 per credit hour fee and you will need to re-register at Enrollment Services.

You will be asked to complete and submit an add/drop form. Tuition will be due at time of registration.

I'm trying to register, but there is an advising hold on my account and I already met with my advisor, why?

Your advisor possibly forgot to remove the advising hold. Please call or visit your advisor that you met with so that they can remove the hold. 

Why can't I register online for classes?

You may need to verify that you meet a course prerequisite or if you are repeating a class and are a financial aid student this may impact your financial aid. Call Enrollment Services at 928-226-4299 or email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for assistance.

Can my parent(s) or spouse be given information on my file in person or over the phone?

You must sign and submit in person a Student Authorization To Release Information form, (Financial Aid Forms) authorizing CCC to release your specific information to the person(s) you have designated. If your parent/spouse wants information in person, their picture ID is still required to verify whom we can release information to regarding your financial aid file. We cannot identify a student/parent/spouse over the phone, which means we will not give out any detailed information on your file. We can only release general information over the phone.

How can I find important dates and deadlines?

College important dates and deadlines are listed on the annual Academic Calendar. Go to, scroll down to Academic Calendar and select the calendar year.

How many credits can I take in a Fall or Spring Semester?

The normal full-time academic load is defined as 12-credit hours per semester. A student may take no more than 18 credit hours in a single fall or spring semester without prior approval. A student with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher is eligible to petition to the Registrar to carry in excess of the 18-hour maximum. Exceptions to this procedure may be considered on a case-by-case basis.

How many credits can I take in the Summer Session?

Summer classes are intensive; therefore, the recommended maximum academic load for the entire summer is 12-credit hours. A student with a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher is eligible to petition to the Registrar to carry credit hours in excess of the 12 credit hour maximum. Exceptions to this procedure are considered on a case-by-case basis.