Scholarship Application Checklist
- Last Updated: 17 January 2017
Read each item thoroughly before starting your application, don’t risk losing all your information!
- All applicants must be currently admitted to Coconino Community College. You will be unable to apply until you have been admitted. If you are not attending CCC in the upcoming academic year you are not eligible to receive a scholarship through the CCC Foundation.
- You will need your student Comet ID to access the scholarship application. Your Admissions application can take up to three business days to process.
- Use your Comet ID to login to the application. If you don’t know your Comet ID, you can click the Comet ID Finder. You can use this method as early as one business day after you’ve submitted your Admissions application.
- The application process will take an average of 25-30 minutes to complete if you have all of the necessary documents ready to cut and paste into the form. Please make sure you have time to complete the application process before starting. It is important to save the application often to ensure your information has loaded. You will be able to revise your application until March 24, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. if needed.
- There is one section with a REQUIRED ESSAY in which you are asked to explain what distinguishes you from the other applicants. Your essay should include a clear and concise statement of your career / educational goals. You may also inform the committee about your involvement in college and/or community clubs/organizations and any awards or honors that you have received. Work / volunteer experience may also be included in the essay. The required essay has a minimum of 450 words and with a maximum of 1000 words – if you exceed this amount your application will be disqualified, no exceptions! It is strongly recommended to write your essay in Microsoft Word – use the word count and spellcheck features in word to check for errors and then copy and paste your essay into the application. It is important that your essay is has minimal errors as the essay section counts heavily during the review process; we recommend you have someone proofread your essay(s) before submitting the application.
- Optional essays have varying maximum word counts, please pay close attention to word limits. It is strongly recommended all essay(s) be written in a Word document – Please be sure to check word count and spellcheck before coping and pasting it into the application. The essay section counts heavily during the review process; we highly recommend essay(s) be proofread by another individual.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have you completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)? Some scholarships require students to show “financial need”, this is determined from the FAFSA.
- To complete the FAFSA, it is recommended that you have the previous year’s tax/income information available.
- Completing the FAFSA before submitting a Scholarship Application is not required, but it is recommended.
Submitting Your Application
- To submit your application click the “OK” button. If any required field(s) is left blank an error message will appear and your application will not be submitted successfully until all required field(s) are completed.
- When the application has been successfully submitted you will be taken to a screen that lists "View/Edit My Application", it will also display your last name, first name and email address. A confirmation email will be sent to the email listed on the application usually within 48 hours after submission.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of completing the application or have other technical issues, please contact the CCC Help Desk at 928-226-HELP (4357).
- Once all items above have been reviewed, you may now complete a Scholarship Application.