Scholarship Application Checklist
- Last Updated: 19 November 2015
Read through each item before starting your application, don't risk losing all your information!
- All applicants must be admitted to Coconino Community College. Don’t go any further until you have been admitted. To ensure your application is considered you must be admitted three business days prior to March 31st.
- Use your Comet ID to login to the application. If you don’t know your Comet ID, you can use the Comet ID Finder. You can use this method as early as one business day after you’ve submitted your Admissions application.
- The application will take an average of 25-30 minutes to complete. Make sure you have time to complete it before starting. Save the application often to ensure your information is saved. You can revise your application up until March 31st.
- There is one REQUIRED ESSAY section in which you are asked to explain what distinguishes you from the other applicants. Your essay should include a clear and concise statement of your career / educational goals.You may also tell the committee about your involvement in college and/or community clubs/organizations and any awards or honors that you have received. Work / volunteer experience may also be included in the essay. The required essay has a minimum of 450 words and allows for a maximum of 1000 words – if you exceed this amount your application will be disqualified, no exceptions! It is strongly recommended to write your essay in Word – use the word count, spellcheck and then copy and paste it into the application. The essay section counts heavily during the review process; we recommend you have someone proofread your essay(s).
- Optional essays have varying maximum word amounts, pay attention to this! It is strongly recommended to write your essay in Word – use the word count, spellcheck and then copy and paste it into the application. The essay section counts heavily during the review process; we recommend you have someone proofread your essay(s).
- Have you completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)? Some scholarships require students show “financial need”, this is determined from the FAFSA. Completing the FAFSA before submitting a Scholarship Application is not required, but it is recommended.
- To submit your application click “OK”. If you leave a required field blank you’ll receive an error message and your application will not be submitted.
- When the application has successfully been submitted you will be taken to a screen that lists "View/Edit My Application", it will have your last name, first name and email address. You’ll also be sent a confirmation email usually within 48 hours of submission.
- If you have technical problems or didn’t receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of completing the application you may contact the CCC HelpDesk at 928-226-HELP(4357).
- Once you have checked all the items above, you are then ready to complete a Scholarship Application.