Enrollment Steps to Apply Now

Getting started with Coconino Community College is easier than you think. The following steps will guide you to becoming a Coconino Community College student.


1  Apply for Admission

The College is open to any person seeking enrollment. There is no cost to apply using one of the three types of applications that best describes you this semester:


  1. Regular Admission/Credit Application: Students need only complete an application if they are new to CCC or have not taken CCC classes within the past 5 years.
    You may apply online here if you meet any one of the following criteria:
    1. you have graduated from high school or you have earned a GED; 
    2. or you are at least 18 years of age or older;
    3. or you are a new transfer student from another college.
  2. Special Admission Application: If you are currently in high school and would like to enroll in college courses while you are in high school, please print out and complete the Application for Special Admissions form. The form requires a signature from your high school counselor, parent, and CCC advisor prior to submission.


All forms or additional documents may be returned to the Registration and Enrollment Services department:

  • Physical/Mailing Address: 2800 S. Lone Tree Rd., Flagstaff, AZ 86005
  • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Fax: 928-226-4033


If you are an international student, please contact Registration and Enrollment Services at 928-226-4299 to confirm admission requirements.


Not ready to apply but would like more information about CCC? Click here: Future Student


2  Residency Requirements & Proposition 300 Requirements

Documentation for both Arizona residency and U.S. citizenship MUST be provided to the Registration and Enrollment Services Office by all students who wish to apply for in-state tuition status. Apache and Greenlee county residents: Complete an affidavit and submit to Enrollment Services each semester.


U.S. citizenship and Arizona residency are two separate requirements. Being a U.S. citizen does not indicate that your Arizona residency status for tuition purposes is fulfilled. Coconino Community College requires clear and convincing evidence to support any claims for Arizona residency status, in addition to proof of U.S. citizenship.


For full explanation of Proposition 300 and Arizona Residency laws and lists of acceptable documentation, see the individual links for each.


3  Financial Aid

If you are interested in applying for state or federal assistance, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. You must list Coconino Community College (school code 031004) as a recipient of the information. Note: If you have attended another college or university, you must send an official transcript(s) to CCC. For more information, view our Financial Aid page.


4  Register for Placement Testing

All degree-seeking students who have not already taken college level Math and English courses, should take a placement exam in order to enroll in math or English, and some science and reading intensive courses. Students who have taken an ACT or SAT exam (within the past two years) may be able to use those scores for placement, but should consult with an advisor, to determine if their scores are appropriate for placement. You can register for a placement exam by calling 928-226-4323. For more information, view our Placement Testing page.


5  Meet with an Academic Advisor

CCC academic advising can assist students in choosing a degree plan. By understanding where you want to go, choosing your classes will be easier than you ever expected. Walk-in advising is available in Student Services Monday through Friday 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. in Fall and Spring, and Monday through Thursday 12:30p.m. - 4:30 p.m. in Summer.


Appointments are available by calling Student Services at 928-223-4323 or through Starfish in the student’s MyCCC Portal. Click on “Quicklink”, then “myCCC” and “Starfish”. 


6  View Class Schedule and Register for Classes

The online class schedule is the best way to view the most current classes available. If you live in Coconino County, a printed schedule will be mailed to you prior to the start of each semester. In addition, printed schedules are available at any of our campus locations.


Students can register online through their myCCC account (Quick Links > Registration) account, in-person at Registration and Enrollment Services, or at an identified computer kiosk. Registration is not complete until payment arrangements have been finalized through Student Accounts or Financial Aid. Payment arrangements are due at the time of registration. If arrangements are not made you may be dropped for non-payment.


7  Review Tutoring Schedule

The Tutoring Center is located at the Lone Tree Campus in the Student Development area with limited tutoring at 4th Street. Hours and subjects tutored can be found on our tutoring page.

SMARTHINKING (an online tutoring service) is also available to CCC students who need help after hours or in uncommon subjects. Just login to your MyCCC Portal or go to the GGNCAP canvas course and enroll through Canvas.


Tutoring provided by CCC is free to all CCC students.


8  Participate in New Student Orientation

We encourage all new students to register for and attend a New Student Orientation session. New Student Orientation prepares students for success at CCC by providing the skills necessary to start on the right track during your first semester. New Student Orientation topics include: Campus Technology, Campus Tour, Classroom Expectations, Financial Aid Questions, Campus Services and many others. Visit our START Smart page or speak to the reception desk at 928-226-4323 to register. For those student who can’t attend an in-person orientation session, we do offer an online option. Check your Canvas account for details. 


9  Acquire Student ID

Student ID cards are available at the Student Accounts desk next to Registration and Enrollment Services. They are free for new students and $5.00 to replace a lost card.

To receive a card, students must be registered in the current term and have their tuition paid in full. Students paying with financial aid may receive a card on the day aid disburses. 


10  Acquire Parking Permit

Students planning to park on any Coconino Community College campus will be required to purchase a parking permit.

Please see Student Accounts to arrange payment and to receive instructions for obtaining your parking pass. Pricing information can be found on our Security page.