LBGTQ CCC Student Organization: Kaleidoscope
Advisor: Marianne Arini
Student Life Coordinator
Director of Student Services
Office of LBGTQA Resources at Norther Arizona University-CCC Students welcome
This is a safe space for students, faculty, staff, and all LGBTQA community members to go, find resources, information, and support.
NAU SBS Building (Blg #70), RM 100H
PRISM (NAU Student Organization)
Health Care: North Country Health Care
Counseling: The Guidance Center
General Sites of Support:
The Passages Program is a federally funded grant program through the Carl D. Perkins grant. The Passages Program provides assistance to eligible Coconino Community College students whom are single parents and/or displaced homemakers. We help guide Passages participants to success in a number of career/technical programs.
- Must a be Coconino Community College student
- Must a be a Single Parent and/or a Displaced Homemaker
Must have a declared major of one of the Career/Technical Education Programs
- (Limited space available, based on funding per year)
- Partial funding for childcare
- Academic advising
- Textbook loan
- Supportive services
- To provide supportive assistances for student retention
How to apply:
- Complete Passages Program application
- Make appointment with Passages Coordinator
- Interview and Application Approval
- Receive Passages Services
For more information please contact Derik Yellowhair
Student Transitions & Academic Readiness Training
Student Transitions And Academic Readiness Training (S.T.A.R.T.) is a program designed to support students in the achievement of their educational goals. S.T.A.R.T. participants recieve training in areas needed to navigate college with confidence and skills to help with a successful transition into a career or a four-year university.
What Are The Benefits Of Participation?
- Develop the skills needed to navigate college operations (registering for classes, using college technology, etc.)
- Enhance leadership skills and find out about student involvement opportunities
- Professional development and job search preparation
- Prepare for transfer to a university
Checkout the workshops we are offering this semester
Are You Interested In Facilitating A Workshop?
If you are a faculty or staff member interested in facilitating a workshop fill out the call for presenters form and return it to Nichole.Gregory@coconino.edu
For More Information Contact:
Student Services Reception
S.T.A.R.T. Smart: New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation provides you with a foundation of skills needed to get a good start on your college education. Topics covered include:
- Connections to campus services
- Campus tour
- College technology (college ID/login, email, student information system, online course management system, etc.)
- Planning for success
- Financial planning
Students new to CCC are invited to attend one of the following in-person sessions before the start of the Spring 2016 term. Orientation is the first START session that students can attend each academic year. Participation in 4 workshops each semester earns students a certificate of completion and a t-shirt. For more information please visit the START program.
Spring Orientation @ Lone Tree Campus
|Tuesday||January 12th||2pm - 5pm||108|
|Thursday||January 14th||9am - 12pm||108|
|Friday||January 15th||2pm - 5pm||108|
Fill out the following registration form. Save it to your computer and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (928) 226-4103.
Questions about Orientation?
Contact Student Services Reception at (928) 226-4323 or email@example.com