Student Loan Information
- Last Updated: 19 September 2014
To apply for a student loan you MUST:
- Complete the FAFSA.
- Submit all required documents including a Loan Request Form to Financial Aid
- Be enrolled and attending at least 6 credit hours
- Complete Loan Entrance Counseling at StudentLoans.gov
- Sign your Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) at StudentLoans.gov
- Once awarded, accept your loans in Self Service: (Click on: Financial Aid > Award > Award for Aid Year > Financial Aid Year 2014-2015 > Accept Award Offer)
After students have received their loans they MUST:
- Complete Loan Exit Counseling at StudentLoans.gov.
Parent PLUS loans:
Parents interested in applying for a Parent PLUS loan may go to StudentLoans.gov to apply.
- Click "Sign In"
- Enter your information to sign in
- Request PLUS Loan
- Select Parent PLUS
- Follow the instructions on the screen
Please allow 5-7 business days for CCC to get the results of your credit check and award the loan.
Frequently asked questions about loans:
- We get a lot of questions on loans so we created a Frequently Asked Questions page.
Important information about loan changes:
Subsidized loan limit changes effective July 1, 2013
Below are other links related to loans:
Direct Loan Servicing (1-800-848-0979)
Loan Consolidation (1-800-848-0979)
Enrollment Verification for Loan Deferment (students must login to their Web4)