TRiO is here for you!
The TRiO program increases our student retention and graduation rates; facilitates student transfer from two-year to four-year colleges; and fosters an institutional climate supportive of the success of low income and first generation college students and individuals with disabilities. The TRiO program is free.
TRiO Program participants must qualify by being low-income, low-income and first-generation college students and/or college students with a documented disability. All students must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at CCC. In addition, low-income students who are first-generation college students and students with disabilities must have been determined to have academic need.
Program services may include:
- Assigned academic advisors
- Individualized academic tutoring
- Career exploration and major and course selection
- Information on various types of financial aid available and grant opportunities
- Study skills assistance: note-taking, textbook reading, time management, financial management education and test prep workshops
- Assistance with transfer to four-year university or college
If you think you qualify and would like to join the program, stop by room 106 and ask for an application. For more information you can call 226-4316 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For National TRiO information, you can visit coenet.us