Letters of Accommodation
After a student is authorized to receive accommodations, the student will submit the notification letter to his/her instructor in a confidential setting. This letter legally informs the instructor that a student qualifies for the outlined accommodations under the ADA and Section 504. Please find instructions below that outline protocol for instructors to follow.
- Instructor and student sign the letter. The instructor makes a photocopy, and sends the original letter back to the DR Coordinator within 48 hours of receipt.
- The student will decide which accommodations are necessary depending on subject, instructor, class content, etc. Instructors are encouraged to provide input during this process. The student is not required to use all or any of the outlined accommodations, it is up to the student’s discretion.
- Instructor follows through on all authorized accommodations unless otherwise notified by Disability Resources.
- Faculty and/or student must contact the Disability Resources program to add or alter any accommodation.
- Announce note-taking accommodation (if applicable) during the first class meeting after receiving notification letter. Please maintain confidentiality and DO NOT mention student's name.