430-02 CONFLICT OF INTEREST—PROCEDURE
The purpose of a conflict of interest statute is to remove or limit the possibility of conflict of interest or personal influence that might bear upon a College employee's decision in his/ her capacity as a public employee (A.R.S. 38-501).
1. All employees (full-time, part-time, or temporary) of the College or their relatives who have any interest in any contract, sale, purchase, service (including consulting) or other decision, the employee shall make known that interest to the College by completing a Disclosure of Conflict of Interest form. This form will be maintained in a special file and will be open to the public. The employee with such interest shall refrain from participating in the decision, contract, sale or purchase in any manner.
2. Relatives are defined as spouse, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters (including half-brothers and half-sisters), brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, parents-in-law and children-in-law of the employee.
3. A person who has or whose relative has an interest in a business or service may supply equipment, material, supplies, or services to the College provided the interest is disclosed in the special file and approved by the District Governing Board and provided that the contract is let pursuant to public competitive bidding (A.R.S. 38-503) and the employee refrains from voting or participating in any manner in the contract, sale, purchase or decision.
4. It is the responsibility of each person to keep the disclosure current (the disclosure is valid for a twelve (12)-month period).
5. The College may void any contract made in violation of this policy.
1. Reference: none
2. Revision history: 09/09/2009 (new format)
3. Legal review: none
COCONINO COMMUNITY COLLEGE