420-03 HIPAA PRIVACY—PROCEDURE
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) of 1996, was implemented to protect confidential health information and provides a remedy for enforcement and compliance with these regulations.
- The Privacy Officer will retain documentation of policies and procedures and all changes in policies and procedures in accordance with the Plan’s policy on the Record Retention.
- All policies and procedures are to be authorized by the Privacy Officer.
- Proposed changes to a policy or procedure should be submitted in writing to the Privacy Officer.
- FMLA and Disability are not considered protected health information per HIPPA regulations.
1. References: none
2. Revision history: This procedure number was formerly the Tuition Reimbursement Benefit
3. Legal review: none
4. Sponsor: Human Resources
Adopted by College Council: 03/24/2010
COCONINO COMMUNITY COLLEGE