301-01 CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT—PROCEDURE
To provide quality courses, programs, and learning outcomes consistent with the vision and mission of the college to help students succeed in school, work, home and community.
- Faculty and Department Chairs who have expertise in discipline areas initiate curriculum proposals for new, modified or retired courses and programs.
- Department Chairs and Division Deans review and approve, request revision, or disapprove curriculum proposals and business plans for their respective areas.
- Curriculum Coordinator reviews for completeness and forwards complete curriculum proposals approved by Department Chairs and Division Deans to Curriculum Committee for review (with the exception of Special Courses-See Policy 303.10).
- Curriculum Committee reviews and then suggests revisions, approves or disapproves all curriculum proposals sent to Committee.
- Curriculum Committee Chair reviews all curriculum approved by the Curriculum Committee to confirm that all Committee approved changes have been made.
- As President’s designee, VPAA reviews and then requests revision, approves, or disapproves all curriculum proposals approved by Curriculum Committee and forwarded by Curriculum Committee Chair.
- President or designee forwards new or retiring program proposals to the Board.
- The Board conducts final review, approval or disapproval of all new or retiring program proposals and new program business plans.
- Compliance: AZ Statue 15-1410
- Revision history: 04/01/1998, 07/15/2003, 05/13/2009
- Legal review: none
Adopted by College Council: 05/13/2009
COCONINO COMMUNITY COLLEGE