151.2 DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD PROCEDURE
151.2.1 PURPOSE The Distinguished Service Award is the highest award granted by Coconino Community College in recognition of outstanding service to the College.
- The nominee must be a resident of Coconino County at the time of the nomination.
- The nominee must have effected or substantially contributed a major accomplishment for the benefit of Coconino Community College and to the educational enrichment of the district residents.
- The award will normally be given to one recipient annually.
- Any resident of Coconino County may nominate a person for the award.
- Current members of the CCC District Governing Board and individuals employed by the College are exempt from nomination.
- Nomination forms and announcements will be distributed widely throughout the County to encourage broad-based participation in the nomination process and to reflect the College’s commitment to the cultural and ethnic diversity within Coconino County. The distribution of nomination materials should include but is not limited to:
- Community and service organizations county-wide
- CCC Foundation membership
- County public school districts
- Northern Arizona University Public Relations Office
- County Chambers of Commerce
- Chapter Houses located within Coconino County
- CCC community including staff, faculty, and students
- Newspaper ads in Page, Williams, Grand Canyon/Tusayan, Flagstaff, Sedona, and the Navajo Reservation
- The nominator is responsible for submitting a completed nomination form to the Office of the President of Coconino Community College. The nominator should provide specific kinds of contributions the nominee has made and state why he/she believes the person nominated should receive the award. Nominators are requested to notify the person of the nomination status prior to submitting the nomination form.
- The deadline to submit nominations annually will be the last day of February.
- The nominations will be forwarded to the Public Relations Office for review, to conduct any necessary follow-up, and to notify the nominee of nomination.
- A committee will be convened in March of every year by a call from the President to serve. The committee membership will include:
- One member of the CCC District Governing Board
- One member (at large) of the CCC Foundation
- One member of the CCC President’s Advisory Council
- One member of the CCC district faculty
- One member of the CCC district staff
- One student enrolled at either the Flagstaff or Page Campus
- At least one of the above representatives must be from the Page Campus.
- The committee will select three persons from the nominations identifying the nominee recommended as the recipient of the Distinguished Service Award and two alternates. The recommendations will be submitted to the President for consideration and selection of the award recipient.
- The award will be presented by the Chair of the CCC District Governing Board during the annual Commencement Ceremony in May each year. The award will consist of a plaque stating the name of the award, the recipient’s name, the year in which the award was given, and the inclusion of the recipient’s name and the year of the award on the College’s plaque listing award recipients annually.
151.2.4 Scholarship Award
A District Governing Board Scholarship to be equivalent to the tuition of the full-time enrollment (15 credit hours per semester) for a two-year period will be made in the name of the honoree to a person intending to enroll or enrolled at Coconino Community College. The criteria for and recipient of the District Governing Board Scholarship Award will be determined by the CCC Scholarship Committee.