105-01 SEXUAL HARASSMENT AND OTHER PROHIBITED DISCRIMINATION—PROCEDURE1. PURPOSE
The College is committed to creating an environment free of sexual harassment and other forms of prohibited discrimination for all employees and students. Necessary action will be taken to prevent, correct, and if needed, discipline persons whose behavior violates this policy. Disciplinary action may result in measures up to and including termination.
Definition: Sexual Harassment is unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when (1) submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual's employment or education (2) submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment or educational decisions affecting such individual, or (3) such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual's work or education performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working or learning environment.
Harassment may occur in the form of sexual, age, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, race, veteran status, disability, or ethnicity.
- Any complaint of sexual harassment or prohibited discrimination will be investigated thoroughly, in accordance with the procedures set forth herein.
- Any College employee or student with a complaint of harassment should notify the immediate supervisor or advisor.
- Any supervisory personnel who are informed of an allegation of harassment of any kind will immediately inform the Human Resources Director of such allegation.
- The Human Resources Director or appropriate individual will conduct an investigation with the involvement of the appropriate supervisor. Upon completion of an investigation, immediate and appropriate action will be taken.
- Behavior of a retaliatory nature is strictly prohibited and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Bad faith allegations of use of this policy for purposes unrelated to its clear intent are expressly prohibited and may lead to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
2. Revision history: 07/1994, 03/11/2009
3. Legal review: 03/05/2009
Adopted by College Council: 03/11/2009
COCONINO COMMUNITY COLLEGE