Arizona Programs of Study
- Last Updated: 17 July 2014
The Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006 required states and local education agencies to create secondary-to-postsecondary partnerships to develop Career and Technical Education (CTE) Programs of Study (POS). The primary purpose of a CTE POS is to provide successful student transition between secondary and postsecondary education.
At a minimum, Programs of Study must:
- Align secondary and postsecondary education
- Include academic and CTE content in a non-duplicative sequence of courses
- Provide the opportunity for secondary students to acquire postsecondary credits
- Lead to an industry-recognized credential or certificate at the postsecondary level, or an associate or baccalaureate degree
Arizona joined the national POS movement by building on the strong foundation laid by Arizona Tech Prep. Programs of Study have been integrated into the Perkins grants and CTE programs. As a result of this shift, the Coconino Tech Prep Consortium is now the Coconino Programs of Study Consortium.
View Sample Programs of Study Below:
- Arizona Programs of Study www.azed.gov/career-technical-education/programs-of-study/
- Arizona Tech Prep - www.aztechprep.org