Green Construction Technology YouthBuild Certificate
The green building certificate contains the coursework necessary to fulfill the Youth Build grant goals as well as provide students with the necessary basic training for employment in the “ Green Collar “construction field. This is a Tech Prep articulated program. For more information regarding Tech Prep, click here.
Minimum credit hours required: 28
CTM 122 Construction Safety (3)
CTM 123 Construction Methods I (4)
CTM 130 Blue Print Reading (3)
CTM 124 Construction Methods II (4)
CTM 189 Internship (1-4)
CTM 110 Plumbing (3)
CTM 131 Green Building INtnroduction (1)
CTM 138 Introduction to Solar Design Applications (1)
CTM 151 House Wiring I (3)
CTM 289 Internship (1-4)
CTM 298 Drywall, Trim, and Finish (3)
The outcomes identified below define the knowledge and skill sets
that graduates will possess at the end of their program of study.
• Provide students with basic construction trade skills and green building training
• Provide students with on the job experience through internships
• Fulfill CCC’s responsibilities to successfully accomplish the grant goals
• Track the training and employment of the YouthBuild students to determine community needs for continued and/or advanced training in the green building areas.
• Provide curriculum necessary to fulfill the objectives of the YouthBuild grant
This catalog was prepared on the basis of the best information available at the time of publication. All information is subject to change without notice, obligation, or liability.