Paramedic Studies: AAS Degree
The Paramedic Science program is designed to prepare students to enter the paramedic profession by providing them with the knowledge and skills which can be used to enter the paramedic field.
The outcomes identified below define the knowledge and skill sets
that graduates will possess at the end of their program of study.
• Fully meet the requirements to gain state approved certification as outlined by the current National Registry Emergency Medical Technician Standards Exam.
• Fully meet the requirements to gain the basic life support requirement for firefighter I & II state certification.
• Fully meet the requirements to gain the advanced life support requirements for the Arizona Department of Health Services.
• Develop effective written communication skills consistent with Emergency Medical Services and related professional environments.
• Develop the ability to retrieve, evaluate, and use information appropriately by using library resources, information technology, analytical tools, and the scientific method to predict and control fire problems and advance knowledge of emergency medical services.
• Use knowledge of other cultures, politics, ethics, and human rights to positively impact the community, work place, and the physical environment around us.
Minimum credit hours required: 65
General Education Requirements: 18 credit hours
See General Education Courses that can be used to satisfy General Education requirements.
ENG 101¹ College Composition I (3)
ENG 102¹ College Composition II (3)
MAT 142¹ College Mathematics (3) or a higher course selected from the approved AGEC courses in the Mathematics category.
One course must be selected from the approved General Education courses in the Arts/Humanities category.
Social/Behavioral Sciences (6)
Courses from two disciplines must be selected from the approved General Education course list in the Social/Behavioral Sciences category.
Degree Core requirements: 47credit hours
Required: 47 credit hours
EMS 262¹ Certified Emergency Paramedic (47)
¹ Placement test and/or prerequisite required.
This catalog was prepared on the basis of the best information available at the time of publication. All information is subject to change without notice, obligation, or liability.