Student Transitions and Academic Readiness Training (S.T.A.R.T.) is a program designed to support students in the achievement of their educational goals. S.T.A.R.T. participants recieve training in areas needed to navigate college with confidence and skills to help with a successful transition into a career or a four year university.
What are the benefits of participation?
- Develop the skills needed to navigate college operations (registering for classes, using college technology, etc.)
- Enhance leadership skills and find out about student involvement opportunities
- Professional development and job search preparation
- Prepare for transfer to a university
- Student who participate in at least four workshops during an academic year will receive a certificate to include with your portfolio and will participate in a recognition ceremony at the end of the spring term
Here are a few of the topics covered in training
- S.T.A.R.T. Learning: study skills, test preparation, library services
- S.T.A.R.T. a Career: resume building, career exploration
- S.T.A.R.T. Computing: registering online, CCC technology, navigating online classes
- S.T.A.R.T. Connecting: student clubs, TRiO, Veteran's Services
- S.T.A.R.T. Planning: registering for classes, financial aid, scholarships, transferring
New topics are always being added. Check the calendar frequently to find a topic that interests you!
Are you interested in facilitating a workshop?
If you are a faculty or staff member interested in facilitating a workshop fill out the call for presenters form and return it to Amanda.Bowen@coconino.edu
START Program Call for Presenters Form.docx
For more information contact:
Student Services Reception